Sep 25, 2023
UCP of Sacramento & Northern CA
Hybrid (Sacramento, California 95841, USA)
$30.00 - $32.00 hourly
This position is responsible for providing nursing services, create and assist in health plans, serve as a resource in preparing health education, in-service trainings for staff to meet Title 22 standards, attending individual meetings as needed, assure compliance of restricted health care plan by staff.
- Provides individual and group supervision and instruction to individuals/staff within the program facility.
- Provide as needed, input into the development of Individual Service Plans/Person Centered Plans in regard to nursing.
- Provides follow through on the individuals ISP goals/objectives to assure that they are properly implemented, monitored, documented and evaluated to meet program requirements per nursing needs.
- Records daily progress made by the individual in regards to nursing needs.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings as needed with Program Manager and other related personnel.
- Assists in developing and implementing nursing plans to meet the needs of the individual.
- Operates personal or agency-owned vehicle in a safe manner and in accordance with California State law. Traveling within reasonable distances is required.
- Ensures individual’s safety regarding special adapted equipment (i.e., wheelchairs, trays, speech devices).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with management, co-workers, members of the community, and with all outside agencies. Able to communicate with outside personnel medical issues that may arise.
- Maintains Code of Safe Practices for his or her classification.
- Dispenses medication to the individual, following Program Manager's directives/physician orders.
- Adheres to the guidelines found in the Employee Handbook.
- Adheres to the Rights of Persons with Developmental Disabilities, maintain client confidentiality, follow required reporting procedures with respect to special incidents or suspected abuse.
- Advocates for the individual’s rights and needs.
- Completes and submits in a timely fashion, documentation of each individual’s progress including daily session note when applicable.
- Assists individuals with unanticipated or emergency situations that may arise.
- Selects or develops resource materials to enable the individual’s health and overall safety.
- Provides in-service training as required and maintains required documentation in conjunction with Title 22.
- Ability to teach staff curriculum in regard to restricted health care plans along with other medical diagnosis.
- Monitor health status of individuals who are supported by UCP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and implement a tracking system for all individuals served.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and monthly/annual goals.
- Has the ability to quickly learn new systems as they are implemented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, videoconferencing using Zoom, Webex, etc., and adequate/reliable internet access.
- Ability to teach curriculum to staff and individuals supported by UCP.
Education and Experience:
- Current CPR or BLS certification.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record, Insurance.
- DOJ fingerprint clearance.
- Current CA LVN license.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and/or talking on the phone.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 35 pounds.
Please apply online at https://ucpsacto.org/job-openings/
Here's a glimpse of what UCP is all about: https://youtu.be/Sgw09I0RHM0
COME TO OUR OPEN INTERVIEWS 10AM - 2:00PM
- Thursday – 6/1/2023
- Thursday – 6/6/2023
- Tuesday – 6/12/2023
- Wednesday – 6/21/2023
- Thursday – 6/29/2023
Salary: $30.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA 95841: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- LVN (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sacramento, CA 95841
View public job page