Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., a leader in providing high-performance aerial target systems and advanced unmanned tactical aerial platforms, is looking for career-minded team players for our Sacramento manufacturing plant as we continue to grow our business to meet customer demands.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Manufactures products using either wet lamination or pre-preg lamination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs a variety of tasks, which require knowledge of lamination techniques, materials, tools and equipment.
• Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
• Using pre-preg lamination techniques, cuts cloth and lays up products of varying tolerances.
• Prepares products for vacuum bagging (pre-preg).
• Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents.
• Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
• Completes all required documentation related to assigned job(s).
• Follows FOD (foreign object debris prevention) practices.
• Complies with established safety directives.
• Maintains a clean work area to ensure strict adherence to 5S Standards.
• Complies with established QMS procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills
• Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure
• Math skills
• Documentation skills
• Materials Knowledge
• May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
• Hands-on experience in manufacturing production
• Hands on experience, training, or education in laying up aircraft parts onto hard tooling using pre-preg carbon fiber
• Hands on experience, training, or education in carbon composite bonding techniques
• Hands on experience, training, or education in using epoxies and adhesive type materials to build parts and assemblies
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing
• Occasionally lifts and carries objects weighing up to 25lbs
• May occasionally manipulate materials
• Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
• May work in controlled and non-temperature controlled environments
• Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and chemicals
• May work extended hours or weekends
• Works with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment
• Works in confined spaces