Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., a leader in providing high-performance aerial target systems and advanced unmanned tactical aerial platforms, is looking for career-minded team players for our Sacramento manufacturing plant as we continue to grow our business to meet customer demands.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Performs spray, wipe, or brush applications to aircraft parts, assemblies and interior or exterior surfaces of aircraft components.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Exercising a complete knowledge of surface preparations, material application procedures and techniques, tools, equipment, applicable specifications, and safety regulations, where it is required to hold exacting tolerances, working to blueprint requirements or engineering directions; utilizes blueprints to determine masked off areas, stay out areas, materials, and reference documents; prepares and utilizes test panels to ascertain material thickness
• Sets-up equipment used in the application of materials applied to the surfaces of individual parts of varied sizes up to and including a completed article; position parts/article in predetermined locations, mixes material to be applied and maintains material level in paint pots
• Performs rework, modifications and touch up of the level of difficulty of the operations described above
• Performs surface preparation by cleaning, stripping, sanding, masking and similar operations
• Identifies surface imperfections and makes corrections using approved procedures
• Applies aerodynamic fillers to seams or voids and builds up surfaces to conform to aircraft configurations
• Uses precision measuring equipment and shop mathematics to determine material thickness
• Operates and maintains air and airless painting equipment as required
• Moves, positions and stores such equipment as portable air mover ventilators or exhaust units, safety lights, ladders, scaffolding, etc.
• Maintains and stores spray guns, pressure pots, hoses, respirators and other similar safety devices. Maintains "good housekeeping" as necessary
• Places parts and assemblies in drying ovens and monitors temperature and time requirements
• Checks material expiration dates and viscosities, and mixes materials as required
• Files, countersinks, trims, burrs and operates such equipment as power sanders as required
• May be required to operate a computer workstation
• Applies Decals and or stencils as needed
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
• Assists co-workers within immediate department as required.
• Assists outside department personnel per Supervisor’s request or approval.
• May occasionally perform common tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
• May be cross trained and utilized to perform technical tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
• Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with precision measuring equipment and shop mathematics
• Experience with drying ovens and monitors temperature and time requirements
• Experience with expiration dates and viscosities, and mixes materials as required
• Experience with files, countersinks, drills, cutters, and burrs and operates such equipment as power sanders as required
• Experience operating a computer workstation
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of process specifications
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
• Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
• Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
• Ability to adhere to workplace rules
• Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must possess a Final Secret clearance, with an investigation within the last 5 years
• Must possess certifications as required
• May be required to obtain a Special Program Access prior to start
• Requires high school education or equivalent
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Office and/or manufacturing environment
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
• Standing, walking, and occasionally sitting
• Exposed to noise and hazardous chemicals
• Must use respirator when spraying primers and paints. Requires pre-employment physical exam to certify ability to use respirator
• May work extended hours and/or weekends