Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., a leader in providing high-performance aerial target systems and advanced unmanned tactical aerial platforms, is looking for career-minded team players for our Sacramento manufacturing plant as we continue to grow our business to meet customer demands.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels. Each level of has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
Aircraft Composite Autoclave Technician All:
• Performs a variety of tasks, which require knowledge of lamination techniques, materials, tools and equipment.
• Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
• Basic working knowledge of computer data entry function preferred
• Follow proper cure procedures for parts and tools as required
• Follow proper handling techniques and all safety guidelines
• Capable of driving forklifts and crane operation
• Coordinates with department supervisor and team lead on all the work going in and out of ovens/autoclaves , assist with moving tools into the staging area
• Prepare oven/autoclave for loading/unloading by following applicable procedures
• Responsible for loading/unloading ovens/autoclaves, connecting vacuum lines, thermocouples and verifying leak test on vacuum bagged parts.
• Perform necessary functions in case of bag leak, or thermal failure.
• An understanding of all controls and recording equipment for autoclaves and ovens.
• Use hand/power tools in a safe and efficient manner for demolding process.
• Inspection of in-process and finished product using measuring tools and other tests procedures as required.
• Familiarity with all safety procedures identified with operating a pressure vessel, overhead crane, and area operations.
• Must be able to prep tools using cleaning and release agents.
• Must be able to demold, drill and deflash parts as required per Manufacturing Order
• Using pre-preg lamination techniques, cuts cloth and lays up products of varying tolerances.
• Prepares products for vacuum bagging (pre-preg).
• Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents using proper handling techniques and following all safety guidelines.
• Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
• Completes all required documentation related to assigned job(s).
• Follows FOD (foreign object debris prevention) practices.
• Complies with established safety directives.
• Maintains a clean work area to ensure strict adherence to 5S Standards.
• Complies with established QMS procedures.
Non-Essential Job Duties
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
• Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
• Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
• Ability to adhere to workplace rules
• Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
• Ability to support a “right-the-first-time” approach that focuses on zero defects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Aircraft Composite Autoclave Technician builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s).
Typical qualifications for all levels include:
• Materials Knowledge
• May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Aircraft Composite Autoclave Technician I:
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills
• Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure
• Minimum of six months - 1 year of experience required, preferably in manufacturing environment
Aircraft Composite Autoclave Technician II:
• Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Aircraft Composite Autoclave Technician III:
• Minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Hands on experience, training, or education in laying up aircraft parts onto hard tooling using pre-preg carbon fiber
• Hands on experience, training, or education in carbon composite bonding techniques
• Hands on experience, training, or education in using epoxies and adhesive type materials to build parts and assemblies
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing
• Must be physically capable of pushing and pulling carts in and out of the ovens and autoclave and occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• May occasionally manipulate materials
• Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
• May work in controlled and non-temperature controlled environments
• Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and chemicals
• May work extended hours or weekends
• Works with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment
• Works in confined spaces