Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc., a leader in providing high-performance aerial target systems and advanced unmanned tactical aerial platforms, is looking for career-minded team players for our Sacramento manufacturing plant as we continue to grow our business to meet customer demands.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Anodize aluminum parts through a phosphoric acid anodizing process and alodining of parts as required. Functions include start-up, operation, troubleshooting, tank maintenance, minor maintenance and shut down of the Anodizing System in a safe and efficient manner so that each part is finished to meet customer and company finishing quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Processes aluminum parts through a phosphoric acid anodizing, alodining, processes, primer and paint operations
• Wires objects to rack and immerses in series of cleaning, etching, and rinsing baths
• Operates PAA Room related equipment such as oven, pressure washer, spray booth, spray gun and crane
• Completes traveler records, maintains both PAA and Spray log books/records
• Fills and tests tanks for appropriate concentration
• Bonds & cuts test coupons for pull testing
• Handles, applies, stores and disposes of work related chemicals in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
• Inspects finished products for non-conformance
• Maintains tank fluid levels
• Monitors tank operation during shift to ensure proper operation is occurring and to prevent product loss
• Complies with all environmental regulations and environmental reporting requirements.
• Maintains a clean work area and ensures adherence to 5S Standards
• Uses and maintains required department and individual Personal Protective Equipment
• Adheres to all safety rules and practices and other company/department policies and practices
Non-Essential Job Duties
Assists with other work assignments and/or may work in other departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with peers and supervisors
• Ability to adhere to workplace rules
• Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal instructions
• Willingness to train/learn to work in other departments as required
• Knowledge of metal coating processes, chemicals and various materials, tools, and equipment.
• Understands the chemical make-up of each tank and its function in the Anodizing System.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing schedules, priorities and processes
• Ability to operate equipment used within the department such as: hand tools, tape measures, liquid measuring devices, oven, pressure washer, spray booth, spray gun and crane
• Ability to perform lab tests and understand results
• Ability to understand and adhere to company Quality Management System policies and procedures
• Ability to understand and adhere to all Workplace and Safety rules/policies and practices
• Must be able to maintain the physical ability to successfully complete Respirator Fit Check requirements and wear required protective equipment.
• May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Coating Technician I
• Works under close supervision
• Possesses the ability to learn and perform job functions at an entry to intermediate level
• Intermediate-level of knowledge of:
Math (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying)
• Ability to read and write various forms of documentation related to completion of job duties such as Manufacturing Orders, Chemical MSDSs, Department Logs, forms, etc.
Coating Technician II
• Works under minimal supervision
• Trains Coating Technician I
• Ability to support manufacturing engineers with new techniques.
• Provides specific recommendations and may perform equipment maintenance.
• Demonstrates advanced understanding of all department processes, practices, math calculations, materials, and equipment
• Troubleshoots product and process issues making recommending solutions
• May create/develop new processes and templates
• Ability to recognize non-conformance finish issues and what steps to take when they occur
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Coating Technician I
• Requires high school education or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of hands-on relevant experience.
• Ability to perform minor maintenance on the system
• Basic math skills. (Add, Subtract, Multiply and Divide, Percentage)
Coating Technician II
• Must have 5 years hands on experience in anodizing checking and alodining processing in addition to the above education and experience requirements.
• Previous experience performing anondizing and/or chemical coating functions desired but not required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Office or Manufacturing environment
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
• Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
• Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds
• Exposed to noise and hazardous chemicals
• May work extended hours and/or weekends.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment including forced air respirator
• Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.