Perform a variety of general administrative functions for multiple departments during the course of employment. Work may involve activities such as accounting and payroll, word processing and spreadsheets, schedule meetings, event planning, travel arrangements and other related clerical duties. Floater employees are assigned to various departments throughout the Davis and Sacramento campuses. Available assignments can be full-time, part-time and short-term or long-term in duration.
Assignments include, but are not limited to, the following classifications:
TES Administrative Assistant I - $15.85/hr.
TES Administrative Assistant II - $17.88/hr.
TES Administrative Assistant III - $20.64/hr.
May be required to:
- Work on computer, keyboard, mouse and screen for extended periods of time.
- Operate multi-line telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Temporary Employment Services assigns jobs throughout the Davis and Sacramento campuses encompassing a wide-variety of work environments.
- Positions require a background check and may require a pre-placement medical exam as well as an annual health screening.
- Must complete mandatory training within the first 15 days of your first assignment. In addition, those assigned at UCDHS must complete the HIPAA Privacy and Security Training.
- May be required to work occasional overtime, evenings, and/or weekends.
- A valid CA Driver's License may be required.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Experience providing administrative and/or executive level support.
- Experience utilizing standard business software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Experience creating a variety of documents such as correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, presentations, etc.
- Experience scheduling meetings.
- Experience managing projects and multiple tasks to meet deadlines and to maintain a consistently high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience delivering customer service to a diverse clientele.
- Interpersonal, verbal and written skills to interact and communicate effectively with a wide of variety of people.
- Skills utilizing automated payroll, personnel, financial, purchasing and travel information systems.
- Knowledge of the following systems is helpful: DaFIS/Kuali Accounting System, Decision Support, PPS, OPTRS, Aggie Travel, Aggie Service, and/or BANNER.
- Experience with travel arrangements and event planning.
- Experience working in a medical office environment including but not limited to patient scheduling/registration, billing/coding, medical records, etc.