SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Who We Are: Jabbergym has a well-established community reputation for inspiring children to have fun while providing them with the tools to realize their fullest potential. Our collaborative, caring, and skilled therapists are catalysts for goal achievement as they address the needs of the whole child.
Purpose of the position: Meeting with families, teachers, or doctors to discuss the patient's treatment and progress and recommend ways to address behavioral issues. Developing individual plans to correct, maintain, or improve certain behaviors.
Job Group Classification: Jabbergym
Overtime Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $78,000 - $90,000/year
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life, Legal & Pet Insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Vacation for full-time employees
- Sick pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts with AT&T
- Team environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Potential for wage increase after the first evaluation
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complete assessments and evaluation to identify the student’s level of functioning and ability to communicate, including standardized assessments as part of a triennial review to determine continued eligibility
- Combine knowledge of speech, hearing and language with planning and implementing programs for the management of communication disorders
- Develop the treatment plan in coordination with the classroom teacher and other interdisciplinary team members in order to ensure educational benefit
- Instruct and consults with interdisciplinary team members as well as the family/guardian to generalize skills taught in the therapy setting
- Participate in in-service education, utilization review and team conferences.
- Provide discharge planning, as appropriate
- Evaluate effectiveness and outcomes of treatment / response to therapy interventions.
- Prepare and submit, as directed, all case documentation, including evaluation data, treatments, clinical and progress notes and required billing information according to company policy.
- Provide services within the Agency’s catchment area
- Additional list of duties and responsibilities is provided in the Job Description
- Work with clients on a one-to-one basis, and in groups, to deliver therapy
- Write and maintain confidential client case notes and reports
- Maintain an attendance register in accordance with the Service Page of the IEP and the Individual Service Agreement (ISA) for each student
- Input services into the company’s database and sign the service logs on a monthly basis
- Adapt educational materials and equipment for the purpose of providing intervention and/or meeting the individual student’s needs
- Collect data on student achievements for the purpose of documenting activities, preparing reports and/or updating IEP logs
- Instruct individual students with instruction appropriate supervisor(s) (e.g. phonetic alphabet, vocabulary and language, fluency, oral motor exercises, etc.) for the purpose of implementing goals for remediation of speech and language deficits
- Maintain and prepare a wide variety of manual and electronic materials (e.g. charts, logs, records and/or reports) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information; and/or complying with mandated requirements
- Maintain high and low-tech augmentative communication devices and equipment and have familiarity with symbol-based software such as Boardmaker Online
- Researches resources and methods for the purpose of addressing students' functional goals
- Other duties as assigned
For Employees Assigned To Schools Full-Time
- Although employment is at-will, Therapists are expected to work 206 days during the school year (consisting of 200 in-person student instruction days and related preparation time, plus six (6) days of instructional and training days, and may be asked to attend additional scheduled events (i.e., Open House) on school days).
- Point Quest’s operational calendar runs from July 1 to June 30. The school year, including Extended School Year classes (ESY), generally runs approximately August to mid-July. A schedule will be announced for each job site each year. 2-3 days of training and new hire orientation are generally scheduled for the first week of August. Vacation is strongly encouraged to be taken during school breaks and during summer. We request that therapists avoid scheduling vacations during ESY and scheduled trainings.
Objectives or goals to measure performance:
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Accurate work product
- Timeliness in completing assignments
- Positive team attitude
- Taking initiative in unassigned tasks
- Staff development and training
- Improved personal professional growth and education
- Demonstration of good decision making
- Positive customer service attitude and communications
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
Minimum Skills or Qualifications:
- Current, active license as a Speech Pathologist (SLP, SLPL, SLP-CCC) or be eligible for licensure
- At least one year of experience in speech therapy
- Experience working in a school or treatment setting for students with learning or social/emotional problems.
- DOJ/FBI Live Scan Background & TB Clearance
- Working knowledge of standard business practices and procedures
- Computer-literate; knowledge of standard company software applications, internet
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Problem-solving ability and proven accuracy with detailed information
- Proficient written and verbal English language communication skills, including business writing and professional telephone manner
- Reliability, dependability and flexibility
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Occasional exposure to dust, pollen, and fumes
- Requires frequent reaching, handling, sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, running, carrying, and lifting 50 or more lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal range with or without correction.
- The noise intensity level is moderate to high
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Jabbergym is a Member of the Point Quest Group. Employment is offered by Point Quest