Job Title: F&B Cashier
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Supervisor
Prepared By: Sierra-at-Tahoe
Prepared Date: 07/2023
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Pay Status: Hourly
YR Status: Seasonal (Full-time or Part-time)
Embrace the thrill of winter and step outside of the norm and into an outdoor opportunity you’ll cherish forever. Here at Sierra, we pride ourselves on our welcoming and inclusive work atmosphere that keeps the stoke high for our guests and employees alike all season long. If you’re looking for a full career switch or an exciting weekend roll centrally stationed in the beautiful Sierra Nevada, you just found it.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Must be at least 18 years of age. Sierra-at-Tahoe is an at-will employer. This position requires a post offer background check.
Join an energetically, dynamic food and beverage team that is passionate about providing delicious and diverse cuisine in a fun, fast-paced resort environment. Accurately tender food purchases at cash registers, provide change and maintain a balanced drawer. Provide exceptional customer service towards guests and employees to ensure a quality and kind resort experience.
Duties and Responsibilities are (but not limited to):
1. Greet and assist guests as they approach the register in a kind and polite manner.
2. Ensure your drawer contents are counted and accurate before opening your station.
3. Responsible for keeping money neat and orderly throughout each shift.
4. Keep track of all voids and over-rings to provide detail for potential end-of-day discrepancies.
5. Ring in proper payment with each transaction with various of different payment methods (cash, credit/debit card, My Sierra Rewards balances, Apple Pay etc).
6. Assure accurate payment is made for every item in each transaction.
7. Maintain orderly operations and ensure you have enough cash in your drawer for always making precise change.
8. Maintain the cleanliness of your workstation and surrounding area.
9. Help with closing procedures.
10. Maintain a friendly, team spirit with a focus on customer service.
11. Stock fruit bins, candy baskets, and chip stands when able.
12. Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
13. Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
14. Flexible working hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort guests at all times.
2. Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Resort certification on any necessary equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to guest/employee interaction, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.