Job Title: Experienced Lift Mechanic
Department: Lift Maintenance
Reports To: Lift Maintenance Manager
Prepared By: Sierra-at-Tahoe
Prepared Date: 07/2023
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Pay Status: Hourly
YR Status: FTYR
Benefit Status: Eligible (Medical/Vision/Dental/401k)
Embrace the thrill of winter and step outside of the norm and into an outdoor opportunity you’ll cherish forever. Here at Sierra, we pride ourselves on our welcoming and inclusive work atmosphere that keeps the stoke high for our guests and employees alike all season long. If you’re looking for a full career switch or an exciting weekend roll centrally stationed in the beautiful Sierra Nevada, you just found it.
NOTE: This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Must be at least 18 years of age. Sierra-at-Tahoe is an at-will employer. This position requires a post offer DMV check.
Are you a skilled lift mechanic seeking a roll at a resort based in the Tahoe area? As an experienced lift mechanic, you will assist in the safe operation, maintenance, inspection and service of all Sierra at Tahoe lift facilities and related equipment compliant with established criteria set forth by Sierra at Tahoe company policies, equipment manufacturers, ANSI B-77 (American National Standards Institute) and all other applicable standards. Assist/train/coach other Sierra at Tahoe employees and departments who may possess lesser skill levels. Assign and schedule daily lift maintenance duties.
Duties and Responsibilities are (but not limited to):
1. Assist with the safe operation, maintenance, inspection and service of all Sierra at Tahoe lift facilities and related equipment. Assist other departments and employees when needed. Adhere to all company policies.
2. Perform periodical inspections, services, and maintenance tasks. Effectuate the necessary repairs and adjustments with minimal supervision.
3. Perform maintenance tasks safely utilizing accepted procedures and techniques. Proper use of tools and rigging. Assist in the SAT NDT (non-destructive testing) program.
4. Monitors and evaluates operational projects to ensure the successful execution of activities and to improve the effectiveness of the areas of responsibility.
5. Maintains schedules in compliance with regulations and authorities having jurisdiction; manages responsibilities in compliance with resort safety policies.
6. Assist in inventory maintenance.
7. Completing the necessary and/or required documentation to stay compliant with all applicable standards.
8. Maintains technical knowledge and continuity.
9. Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
10. Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
11. Flexible working hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO SAFETY
1. Protect the safety of self, co-workers, and Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort guests at all times.
2. Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
3. Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
4. Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
5. Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education; possess mechanical skills aptitude, general knowledge relevant to chair lifts. 3+ years lift maintenance experience, 1-2 years leadership experience preferred, experience with fixed and detachable grip chair lifts, and NDT / welding certifications preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Resort certification on any necessary equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to work at heights of up to 100 feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to guest/employee interaction, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.