Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership. Meets gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
- Sells/leases and delivers a minimum of 8 units per month.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
- Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
- Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating feures, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, "we-owes", and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
Sales experience preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Independently motivated with the ability to work within a team environment.
Excellent customer service/satisfaction skills.
Organized and computer proficient – must be skilled in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Location: Sales in Sacramento, CA