Develop and manage key organizational goals, as outlined in the annual plan, that drive performance via the System Dashboard, A3 metrics and other cascaded targets. The Manager, ET | Organizational Performance and Alignment will maintain regular enterprise performance assessments, in collaboration with the Director, ET | Planning and Alignment and other experts, making visible successes and opportunities, e.g., We Plus You Award. S/he will translate successes and opportunities into organizational priorities, linking with Planning and Alignment overall efforts to translate strategic priorities into current year priorities that enable Sutter Health (SH) to successfully compete, grow, and advance within the health care industry. The Manager brings planning expertise that includes options identification and evaluation, sharing with operational leadership and system functions to set annual goals and objectives for the performance cycle. S/he will manage Dashboard cascading, the accountability model and standard engagement system, ensuring incentive alignment. The latter will occur in collaboration with SH leadership, Sutter Improvement System, Change Management, and Human Resources. S/he will maintain alignment of accountabilities and decision making across leadership teams, councils and affinity groups to ensure a nimble and efficient organization.
Business Administration (MBA), Hospital Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH) or related field
In lieu of a Masters Degree, generally three years of experience is required for each year of college not completed
• Requires expertise in planning and organizational performance for a large multi-site complex company as typically acquired during 3-5 years experience in a similar role
• Proven track record of delivering positive results in organizational performance space
• Experience providing leadership, communication and influence at senior organizational levels
• Prior experience demonstrating the ability to align planning, budgeting and forecasting processes into an action strategy that delivers the desired results
• Extensive experience in leveraging project management, business development and marketing methods to increase affiliate/operating unit/corporate performance, reduce operating costs and enhance the customer experience
• Established experience exhibits the coalescence of excellent risk identification and analysis skills with an in-depth knowledge of industry trends to support the development of an agile enterprise
• Previous experience in a large, multi-specialty provider group or matrix managed health system is preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of defining, developing and tracking key corporate goals and metrics that drive agile performance in a dynamic environment is essential
• Requires thorough knowledge of enterprise planning and organizational performance principles, methodologies and tools to construct and implement short-, medium- and long-term business strategies
• Understanding of and experience with Lean or other process improvement philosophies and methodologies desired
• Comprehensive knowledge of business planning, data and financial analytics, marketing strategy and tactics
• General understanding of the internal and external factors that can affect an enterprise, such as PESTLE (political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors) and possesses an extensive knowledge base regarding industry trends, new technologies, health plan changes, reimbursement changes, changes in local competitor strategies, cost reduction strategies, national trends, etc.
• Working knowledge of integrated healthcare system s (ambulatory, physician, inpatient) and financial/operations, including physician group management and patient financing
• Superior negotiating and problem solving skills with the proven ability to research, investigate and analyze issues to offer effective solutions
• Demonstrated skill in establishing, building and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders
• Excellent and engaging communication/presentation skills with the ability to succinctly explain the relationship between corporate strategies, business drivers and the desired end state in lay terms to diverse audiences (executive, physician, employee, and external), including packaging in vehicles such as PowerPoint
• Proven ability to create an environment that encourages change and builds consensus while motivating high performance teamwork to achieve corporate and local objectives through innovative strategies
• Advanced level of computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as appropriate applications for research and analysis
**Primary Location:** California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
**Organization:** Sutter Health System Office
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Position Status:** Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sutter Health values and supports the unique talents and strengths that each employee brings to our organization. As a result, you are empowered to apply your passion for healing in innovative ways to care for patients and their families.
Collaborating with the best and the brightest means a dynamic, fulfilling work experience for you – and excellent, personalized care for all those we serve.