United States of America - California, Sacramento
* Supports, oversees and coordinates engineering production activities for an operating unit.
* Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
* Initiates and maintains contact with senior-level management within the company and is skilled in dispute resolution and negotiation of critical issues. At this level, the individual will have demonstrated understanding of project delivery requirements, creativity, foresight, working with a multi-disciplinary team to meet project goals and deliver high quality technical excellence.
* Demonstrates mature judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual operations problems, determining operational objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
* Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
* Degree in engineering required.
o Experience in the planning, design, and construction of water resources projects including pump stations, dams, levees, flood control facilities, pipelines, cutoff walls, and earthmoving projects.
o Minimum ten (10) years’ experience leading design and construction projects.
o MS, Civil Engineering
o Licensed Professional Engineer (Civil) in California.
o Lead teams of engineers, geologists, and support staff during the execution of design and construction projects.
o Manage cost and schedule for assigned projects.
o Oversee and responsible for timely and accurate invoicing and billing, change orders, and project closeout.
o Manage and ensure work is performed safely, efficiently and with quality.
o Clearly communicate with staff and with clients. Strong written and verbal skills required.
o Oversee subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality.
o Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing job environments
o Prepare technical & commercial bid documents
o Develop project execution procedures and work breakdown structure
o Manage relationships with clients, stakeholders, local agencies, designers, inspectors and subcontractors to ensure successful construction completion
o Be self-motivated with a strong desire to continuously improve technical skills and quality
o Be available for work/travel outside normal office hours & inter-departments, as required
o Work well under pressure with an organized approach to managing tasks, time and workload
o Display strong attention to detail with the ability to research & review documents and draw conclusions to support recommendations
o Work with designers and drafting staff to develop as-built drawings
o Proficiency in AutoCAD/AutoCAD 3D
o Able to lead and resolve issues proactively
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Water / Wastewater
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 200267BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
When you join a company that’s pioneering the future, your opportunities are unlimited. By connecting the largest network of professional expertise in the industry, we’re finding new approaches and better answers to the toughest challenges. And we want you to be a part of it.
Every day, in dozens of markets and more than 150 countries, our employees are exploring new possibilities for a better world. If you’re interested in a career path that’s as dynamic as you are, apply now.