SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery and unloading of finished product, parts and materials to customer locations. This may include dealers’ place of business, homeowners’ residence, service shed or a jobsite.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the off-loading and delivery of Milgard products to dealers, contractors, Service Sheds and jobsites throughout the location’s geographic region. (Overnight stays minimal)
• Must complete the corresponding paperwork of delivery and return to the Distribution Department.
• Ensure truck is properly loaded and load secured; truck is in operational condition and product is delivered without any damage sustained
• Responsible for handling any returns of products or supplies from delivery locations.
• Proper usage of personal protective equipment.
• Reflect Milgard business values and the Milgard Philosophy in all business interactions.
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures related to all facets of job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • Minimum of 1 – 2 years delivery and/or professional driving experience.
EDUCATION/LICENSES/CERTIFICATION/FORMAL TRAINING: • Valid Driver’s license for State of employment; Valid Class "A".
• Clean Department of Motor Vehicle record
• High school diploma or GED ESSENTIAL ABILITIES:
• Read, write and understand the English language
• Read and navigate by map
• Able to maneuver a large Straight truck
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines • Attention to detail with strong organizational skills • Excellent customer service skills PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to lift 50 pounds • Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling • Hand dexterity and strength • Overtime may be required, including some weekends WORK ENVIRONMENT: • Up to Sixty (60%) percent of all work activities are performed inside the cab of the delivery vehicle. The remainders of work activities are preformed outdoors. This changes based on route that is being performed.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.