RN Clinical Supervisor - Senior Care (Full Time-Days)
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Clinical Manager in planning, organizing, and directing of patient care services in accordance with current standards and regulations so that the highest degree of quality care will be maintained at all times.This position directly supervises the clinical team(s) providing direct care for patients.The Clinical Supervisor provides clinical support for a team of assigned multi-disciplinary clinicians.The Clinical Supervisor assists in meeting financial targets by effectively managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies.Provides leadership and guidance at Team Meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees and the agency to the community.Confers and collaborates with physicians in implementation of the Care Plan.
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, the Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for assisting in the hiring process; orientation of new employees, in-service training, and evaluation of qualified personnel for all disciplines involved in patient care services.The Clinical Supervisor provides patient care as needed in times of staffing challenges due to illness, LOA, other emergent conditions.Other managerial tasks and projects may be assigned as necessary by the Clinical Manager in compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
Graduate from an accredited healthcare curriculum. RN Required. Bachelor’s level degree in nursing or health related field or equivalent level of health professional certification strongly preferred.
Three years of professional experience in an acute or similar setting required. One year of experience in home health and/or hospice required.
Thorough knowledge of home care and/or hospice service, Title XXII, Medicare conditions of Participation, home health and/or hospice accreditation requirements, QI outcomes/benchmarking, infection control; good understanding of reimbursement patterns for Medicare and other payors; good working understanding of budget and other financial reports. Must have excellent organization and supervisory skills to handle multiple level complex patient care issues.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to utilize a telephone for internal and external communications. Phlebotomy/Venipuncture trained. Competent in care provision in area of professional licensure.
· Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy and creativity. Able to form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers. Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills and the ability to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective manner. Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with customers and management. Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and providing patient care. Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of treatment. Excellent organization skills.
· Strong computer skills, including competency with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Ability to learn and effectively use electronic medical records systems after initial training period
· Requires the ability to be a strong and consistent mentor to staff and use the disciplinary process appropriately
· Must have current knowledge of current regulatory and clinical practice standards relating to the PACE program
· Must have the clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide coordination of patient care consistent with standards and regulations
· Must effectively plan, organize staff and resources, and prioritize work, thinking critically to effectively organize operations consistent with SSC’s strategy and effectively solving problems as they arise
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and role model customer service skills
· Must establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with staff, physicians, patients, and other departments
· Flexibility and independence required to work competently and autonomously in the absence of the Clinical Manager
· Self-started with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, and creativity
· At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet core competencies for position and maintain licensure and professional developmental requirements as appropriate
**Primary Location:** California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
**Organization:** Sutter Senior Care
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sutter Health values and supports the unique talents and strengths that each employee brings to our organization. As a result, you are empowered to apply your passion for healing in innovative ways to care for patients and their families.
Collaborating with the best and the brightest means a dynamic, fulfilling work experience for you – and excellent, personalized care for all those we serve.