The Account Representative II (AR) is responsible for effective accounts receivable management of outstanding patient claims.Duties may include one or more of the following: conducting effective accounts receivable management of outstanding patient claims, conducting routine research and follow-up on unpaid claims, denials and tracers, working with insurance companies to resolve patient billing / carrier issues for expected payments, researching, analyzing and resolving credit balance accounts. The AR is responsible handling these duties in a manner reflecting the Mission, Values, and Customer Service philosophy of Sutter Physician Services.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who enjoys the details, researching and resolving problems. You will be expected to multi-task and produce quality work in a manner that meets the productivity and excellence standards of Sutter Physician Services.
1. High School Diploma or GED required
1. Must have at least 2 years recent, related experience in a healthcare business office setting (can include SPS experience), with the following demonstrated skills, training and requirements:
For Internal Applicants Only:
a. Must consistently meet productivity and accuracy levels at current position
b. Most recent annual performance review rating must have been at least a rating of (4), Strong Performance, or an Introductory Period review rating of Satisfactory within 90 days of hire
c. Recommendation from immediate supervisor
d. Approval of departmental and divisional leadership
e. Completed training as specified for the Account Rep I with experience working in medical claims billing (HMO, PPO, MediCal, Medicare, ICD-9, CPT codes), payment reconciliation
2. Must be able to analyze, research and reconcile patient accounts and resolve issues
3. Able to communicate (both verbal and written), work effectively with others, work independently, and meet productivity standards and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
4. Demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of and proficiency in navigating through all IDX screens and Epic system, with little or no supervision
5. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated basic accounting and clerical skills, including preparation of correspondence, using proper syntax, grammar and punctuation
6. Must be able to communicate and work effectively with others in a team environment, as well as individually
7. Able to operate general office equipment, including calculator, fax, copy machine and personal computer with internet use
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively follow and prioritize work directions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
9. Must be able to maintain confidentiality
**Primary Location:** California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
**Organization:** Sutter Physician Services
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Employee Referral Bonus:** No
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** None
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sutter Health values and supports the unique talents and strengths that each employee brings to our organization. As a result, you are empowered to apply your passion for healing in innovative ways to care for patients and their families.
Collaborating with the best and the brightest means a dynamic, fulfilling work experience for you – and excellent, personalized care for all those we serve.