Reporting directly to the Beverage Manager, the Assistant Beverage Manager will provide direct supervision of beverage service on the casino floor on assigned shift. The Assistant Beverage Manager will ensure that all Beverage Team Members achieve individual and department goals, along with overall profitability of Thunder Valley Casino Resort while maintaining AAA Four Diamond standards of Guest service. Responsibilities must be performed in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Practice, support, and promote Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s "Winning Attitude" company-wide culture and demonstrate AAA Four Diamond service standards at all times.
- Execute all Beverage department responsibilities by enforcing Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s policies and procedures fairly among all Team Members and in accordance with company’s negotiated union contract.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures as directed by management, suggesting and initiating necessary changes and improvements.
- Serve alcohol responsibly in accordance with alcohol awareness training and local and federal laws.
- Ensure Beverage Team Members are exceeding AAA Four Diamond Guest Service standards.
- Actively circulate through all bar areas to ensure Team Members are providing cordial and timely beverage service to Guests.
- Respond and solve front-of-house Guest issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations, and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards and ensure cleanliness of all Beverage areas. Ensure Team Member safety and displays knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Have knowledge of SDS booklet as appropriate for Beverage operations.
- Assist with scheduling in collaboration with Thunder Valley Casino Resort Scheduling department, and manage labor for casino floor, all beverage bars, seasonal staffing, summer pool bar, and portable floor bars.
- Assist in setting floor station labor allocation charts, and post and award shift bids as they come available.
- Interview, hire and train new Team Members utilizing the Job Coach Program and effectively auditing to ensure training standards are satisfied.
- Maintain quality control of products and services, ensuring excellent and consistent quality of service and presentation.
- Evaluate and oversee job performance of all Beverage Team Members. Hold individual subordinates accountable for performance of job duties, tasks, policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly inventories of beer, wine, and liquor in all bar areas.
- Two (2) years food and beverage supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to handle a flexible schedule.
- Ability to delegate, empower, and evaluate hourly Team Members to achieve desired objectives with minimal supervision.
- Sound judgment in all decision making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations, where Guests, Team Members and the overall long term profitability are not adversely impacted.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make quick judgment decisions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain UAIC Tribal Gaming License.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Requires walking, reaching, turning, bending, lifting, carrying, observing, hearing, sitting.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!
Connect With Us!