Exciting things are happening at Continuing Development Inc. and Child Development Centers (CDI / CDC). We are an innovative non-profit child care provider who is growing and expanding at a great pace. Our organization strives to provide the very best experience in Preschool and Before- and After- school programs that parents, children and communities have loved for over 45 years. We are able to do this thanks to our remarkable people. We seek out the best in child care talent, those who have the same vision for supporting the growth and development of children as we do. If you see yourself as one who has a passion for providing the best in early childhood education, we invite you to apply today.
Our before and after school programs are for children in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. Our afternoon schedule gives children support with daily homework and provides recreational activities. The center is a welcome place for families and all children, respecting their home language, cultural values and traditions. Teaching staff help students with their long-term project assignments. Teaching staff work with elementary school classroom teachers to develop and follow through with plans that support children’s individual needs. Our High/Scope framework enables children to plan, participate and review their daily experiences. The center is an inclusive environment that supports the individual and special needs of all children. As part of our teaching team, you will plan developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs.
Job Responsibilities: Position duties are encompassing, but not limited to the following.
- As a leader for CDI you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the child development program which encompasses but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the highest quality program for children. Setting center-specific goals to achieve and maintain compliance and program quality.
- Overseeing appropriate budgeting, financial planning, resource management, and implementation of efficient systems.
- Maximizing enrollment and marketing the center's programs throughout the local community.
- Supervise staff and provide observation and feedback on a consistent basis.
- You will also assist staff in the development of professional skills and while being responsible for communication and compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Model developmentally appropriate adult/child interactions.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment at all times.
Qualifications & Details
- Will be working towards or have already achieved a Bachelor’s Degree in ECE/CD or related field.
- Possess prior experience leading a team of child care professionals along with the ability to establish and maintain a budget and enrollment.
- Strong background and demonstrated success with running high quality preschool and school-age programs.
- Proficiency implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on the interests of children supported by foundations in child development theories such as Reggio Emilia and High Scope.
- A proven history creating enriched environments, exciting curriculum and quality learning experiences.
- Experience working collaboratively with others, while creating an enjoyable work environment.
- Exemplifies excellent customer service by making authentic connections with our families, school, and community.
- Must qualify for, or have obtained, a Site Supervisor Permit.
- Career Development and Training
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Discounts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.