The Database Marketing Specialist is responsible for the creation of Direct Mail offers and the back-end analysis associated with those offers including standard corporate reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Must possess excellent skills in project and people management, communication and writing
- Must have great attention to detail and motivation to drive projects to completion
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and query creation
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Professional written and verbal presentation skills are necessary
- Must be able to learn new computer systems quickly
- Able to operate in a team environment and represent the company in a positive way
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates offers to improve customer profitability through increased visitation and incremental play.
- Runs Cognos and Showcase queries to understand the database of customers and to target specific customer segments.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel and Access to develop complex offers including mystery and multi-choice offers based on advanced queries and randomization.
- Sets up test and control segments within offers to facilitate analysis of program success.
- Interfaces with the corporate direct mail, loyalty marketing and internet teams on offer setup, analysis and special projects.
- Proofs direct mail creative and variable offer information for clarity and accuracy.
- Sets up mass e-mails and pre-recorded voice messaging.
- Conducts analysis of tests and offer success as requested.
- Responds to customer questions regarding account information and offers via telephone and e-mail.
- Serves as the Super User on the Harrah's Brand Patron Database Systems.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around various user departments.
- Must have good hearing for answering and placing phone calls and using voice-activated beepers.
- Good far and near vision (with correction), with good color and depth to determine and solve computer system and peripheral problems.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crouch, crawl, twist, balance and have the manual dexterity to operate computers.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment including an 10 key adding machine, computers, fax machine and copier.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes