Provide a wide range of secretarial and administrative support to the Vice President. Act as a liaison between property and corporate office as well as senior administration staff. Coordinate and schedule priorities. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Five years administrative or secretarial experience required with a minimum of one year work experience with a senior level executive in a company.
- Must be able to type at least 60 wpm.
- Must possess strong computer skills; to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have extremely strong customer service and communication skills to handle guests and employee complaints, competitors, and investors.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- High school graduate required.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts with discretion and confidentiality in handling information administered at the senior level.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation for the executive office.
- Provides a variety of administrative functions
- Schedules appointments and gives information to callers.
- Researches, edit and draft responses and other written material for the Vice President’s signature.
- Composes responses based on organizational practice, policies and procedures.
- Creates and prepares documents including correspondence, forms, reports, charts and graphs.
- Ensures that all correspondence related to customer inquiries and complaints are processed in a timely manner.
- Places, accept and screen inquires, via telephone or personal contact, and direct them to the appropriate individual.
- Arranges interviews and meetings.
- Exercises discretion and independently handle incidents and meetings when deemed the Vice President’s attention and presence is not required.
- Arranges services including air and ground transportation, accommodations, scheduling etc.
- Contacts managerial and staff personnel for collection of data, statistics and reports.
- Performs follow-up on reports or special assignments.
- May direct and lead the work of others.
- Takes dictation and transcribe notes of correspondence, reports and conferences.
- Assures accurate files and record keeping.
- Receives, open and distribute incoming mail and documents.
- Assigns and distribute work to other clerical and office employees.
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
- May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10 key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.