This position is responsible for performing skilled or technical duties involving repair, maintenance, construction, alteration, inspection, and preventative service to assure continuous operation of all assigned building and mechanical facilities.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in at least two of the following areas: heating, cooling, electrical, television, plumping or telephone systems.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understated English.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair duties on all building mechanical systems, equipment and tools.
- Operates and repairs energy management equipment.
- Operates life safety systems, maintenance and repair in public areas.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to departmental and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures as hot as 115 degrees or as low as 10 degrees below zero.
- Must be able of responding to aural cues in full audible range in high noise conditions and be able to respond to visual cues and possess color perception.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, carry heavy loads, and run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to quickly maneuver around casino areas.
- Must be able to tolerate second hand smoke.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with power and hand tools, such as, drills, electric saws, hammers, sewer snakes, etc.
- Must be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations.
- Must be able to learn and retain locations, operation and repair procedures of the property’s equipment, mechanical systems and life safety systems.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes