The Inside Sales Host’s foremost role is to act as the primary growth engine for VIP marketing, owning outbound sales telemarketing to a broad range of Harrah’s customers. In this role, you will develop strategic relationships with customers in key feeder markets for whom you direct account development and drive business to casino properties – consistently converting sales activities into casino trips with a seamless hand-off to the on-property service team. Insite Sales Hosts will exude an exceptional motivation to serve while building rapport through commercial awareness and anticipating customer needs in creation of their pre-trip itinerary. As an intuitive and creative problem solver, you will constantly strive to delight our guests and be confident in your ability to meet goals set forth by the management team.
The ideal candidate for this position will be resilient, tenacious, and committed to personalizing interactions to drive performance that is highly measured. To be best positioned to succeed, candidates should have a keen sense of personal ambition, excellent telephone communications skills, and the ability to engage others to commit to action.
One to three years experience casino/hotel, customer service, host, or telemarketing experience required.
College degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
Ability to think independently in making decisions to maximize customer service experience and program profitability.
Ability to effectively manage time and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must be proficient with customer Point-of-Service systems.
Must have a systematic and process oriented mindset to ensure seamless end-to-end customer experiences.
Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining coded player block through direct mail, email, telemarketing, and leveraging databases.
- Actively participates in telephone solicitation and coordinates personalized direct mailings for assigned cities.
- Works to utilize transportation resources to actively recruit VIP players
- Ensures seamless hand off of guest pre-trip itinerary for flawless on property execution by VIP Host Team.
- Fully complies with all applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies, and conducts themselves with highest levels of integrity and honesty.
- Responds to and consistently meets the needs of clients.
- Supports and cultivates new ideas and methods to deliver business solutions.
- Identifies ways to increase efficiencies or improve product or service.
- Clearly communicates programs/services to necessary people, seeks their support and keeps them informed of changes that may impact the business.
- Prepares project plans that aid in moving project forward.
- Must be knowledgeable of all happenings on property and in market.
- Keeps track of existing products/services and/or progress on new initiatives.
- Develops skills to handle increasingly complex matters.
- Complies with and upholds company expectations including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and business strategy.
- Politely gives consistent, timely and accurate information and finds answer when unsure.
- Projects warmth and enthusiasm in person and on the phone; builds rapport to strengthen relationships and encourages trial as well as repeat visitation.
- Approachable: Spends the extra effort to put others at ease. An exceptional listener who is gracious, sensitive and patient.
- Initiative: Create and seize opportunities to win, even when faced with ambiguity. True passion for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds rapport quickly by listening, sharing, understanding and comforting.
- Outside In: Obsessed with exceeding customer expectations. Passionate about service improvements.
- Self-Assurance: Confident in ability to meet goals.
- Composure: cool under pressure; doesn't show frustration or become defensive when faced with challenging or stressful situations; not knocked off balance by the unexpected; a settling influence with others.
- Planning Agility: sees ahead to prepare competitive strategies and plans; accurately scopes & plans tasks; sets clear goals and evaluates personal performance against results; anticipates future challenges and adjusts for roadblocks
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office.
- Must be able to move quickly around property.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist and work at a desk.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work independently and proven to be self-motivated.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest’s needs.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes