Responsible for the case management of all Workers’ Compensation and General Liability claims for the Harrah’s Northern California property. Responsible for minimizing Employer liability and for reducing overall claim frequencies and costs. Assists Security/Surveillance Manager in the creation and coordination of Risk and Safety programs and responsible for inspections from various entities.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in risk and safety administration, fire code and Hazmat requirements, and fire code inspections; and one-year work experience in workers compensation claims management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Ability to prepare and communicate clear concise oral and written reports, letters and memos required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departments and interact in a professional manner with all levels of employees.
- Must be able to learn quickly and use system for tracking claims information.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent and literate in English.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be fluent in use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher & mail).
- Bilingual a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for Workers’ Compensation and General Liability Claim case management, including timely filing, tracking and maintaining all claims.
- Responsible for minimizing Employer liability, and reducing overall claim frequencies and costs.
- Maintains files relating to Workers Compensation claims in litigation.
- Compiles and maintains all security and employee accident reports for the Harrah’s Northern California Property.
- Compiles and produces monthly Workers Compensation laws and statutes, General Liability and Quarter end reports
- Instruct New Hire Orientation, Supervisor, Back Injury Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogen Classes.
- Maintain list of Liability Insurance Certificates for Contracts.
- Liaison with Fire Department, Health Department, EPA, Sheriff’s Department and Rincon Tribal Offices.
- Property responsibility for all inspections of above agencies and coordination w/ various departments to insure necessary parties are involved.
- Pro-active inspections to insure compliance amongst operating departments including necessary training or other programs.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver around office area and throughout the hotel/casino property.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when assisting employees in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively present information to large groups.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist, lift, stoop, reach and work at a desk when performing administrative functions.
- Responds to visual and oral cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to operate a computer, telephone, calculator, photocopy machine, fax machine, scanner and other equipment as deemed necessary.
- Must be able to type, write and read reports.
- When on casino floor, must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, dust, and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes