Protects company assets and the welfare of guests and employees of Harrah’s Northern California. Assists the supervisor in their duties as assigned.
- Must possess skills in investigation as well as knowledge of gaming regulations and company internal controls.
- Previous Security experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift.
- Must be able to obtain Alcohol Awareness, First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be 21 years of age. Must have valid California Driver’s License with no DUIs or Suspensions within the last three years
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests and fellow employees.
- Investigates various incidents that concern the welfare of the casino.
- Reviews and approves all documents as needed.
- Assist the Security Shift Supervisor in the supervision and direction of Guest Safety Officers in performing their duties and procedures of the company.
- Assists the supervisor in preparation of schedules and daily paperwork.
- Develops a strong working relationship with the police department.
- Provide supervision and leadership in the supervisor absence.
- Performs all duties of a Guest Security Officer when necessary.
- Conducts good public relations with all guests and company employees.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain adults more than 200 pounds.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, and carry heavy loads and maneuver quickly on level surfaces as well as up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Responds to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust.
- Must be able to work in a low light environment
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes