Ensure slot playing customers are kept in play by experiencing the full range of fast and friendly slot service through well maintained machines, efficient change service, and promotion of customer programs and events such as Caesars Rewards and slot tournaments.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Able to accurately and legibly fill out accounting forms for position
- Must have knowledge or the ability to obtain knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to Slot Operations
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Must understand safety issues associated with electrical equipment
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must be willing to serve customers from a variety of backgrounds
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays and work overtime
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer Service: Actively patrols assigned sections looking for opportunities to surprise and delight guests. Sincerely greets, welcomes and introduces self to all guests; uses guest name to create a personalized service experience; maintains the perception of luck, celebrates the win, offers a warm farewell and adds to the entertainment experience. Completes paper fills and jackpot payouts promptly, accurately and with a high degree of personalized service while building relationships with guests. Consistently demonstrates a positive and upbeat attitude. Completes verification paperwork for jackpot payouts. Partners with other departments to execute slot transactions. Offers assistance to slot playing customers and explains features of slot machines. Clearly communicates functionality of Fast Cash (ticket in/ticket out) technology. Manages a large number and variety of slot machines played by customers according to policy and their level of play. Responds immediately to all requests for service (e.g., slot dispatch, slot candle lights, radio, PBX, customers) while meeting or exceeding department service standards. Exchanges coupons and currency for guests in compliance with procedures. Resolves guest complaints through the use of Service Recovery with a sense of urgency and empathy with approved levels of authority (e.g., change service, incorrect change, securing drink service, etc.). Keeps slot areas clean, secure, and well maintained. Keeps delays to a minimum by ensuring we have the right people in the right place at the right time. Takes initiative to meet the varying needs of our customers and has an awareness of where customers are located in a particular section.
- Slot Machine Service: Determines machine malfunction and identifies appropriate action. Corrects minor machine malfunctions (e.g., coin jams, printer errors, bill validators, slot light repairs, etc.) and/or partners with Slot Performance when appropriate. Ensures slot machines are ready for play (e.g., basic machine maintenance). Lifts and moves medium to heavy coin bags. Participates in slot machine upgrades and implementing new initiatives.
- Money Handling: Performs money-handling transactions such as paying jackpots and making change. May be required to reconcile slot wallets.
Teamwork and Values
- Team Work: Works and communicates well within department as well as with co-workers in other departments. Communicates and participates in team meetings to bring forth ideas about improving processes, guest experiences, and customer interactions.
- Slot Game Integrity & Security: Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner, including those pertaining to federal and state regulatory laws and guidelines and ensures required gaming licenses are valid and up-to-date. Coordinates with Supervisors and Security to detect and prevent attempts to place customers and employees at risk, compromise the integrity of the slot machines or damage company assets. Properly maintains all issued tools and equipment including proper key control.
- Property Promotions: Promotes and generates new membership into the Total Rewards program. Introduces Caesars Rewards to new players by providing guest with information regarding program services and benefits. Communicates specific information about casino events (e.g., slot tournaments, marketing promotions, direct mail) and communicates general information about property events or services (e.g., restaurants, shows, conventions) and directs or personally escorts customers to appropriate sources for more information (e.g., information booths, phone numbers, supervisors, etc.).
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Able to occasionally lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items in order to perform basic machine repairs, hopper fills, etc.
- Able to walk and remain standing for a full shift
- Must maintain professional composure in all situations (e.g., demanding or threatening customer and during periods of high business volume)
- Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights, and dust
- Able to adjust pace based on customer demands and business volume while consistently meeting or exceeding department service standards.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues
- Must possess the manual dexterity and coordination to operate equipment (e.g., enter data into computer, operate a calculator, pull hopper out, etc.) and to handle currency, coin, keys, and buttons
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes