Ensures activities are being held to a high standard and on a strict deadline to realize the highest quality. Provides analytical support to promotions/events team and assists with program development. Performs research and analysis of the competitive environment. Plans and executes assigned events, promotions and other projects as needed.
- College degree or credits desirable with Marketing, Communications or Business concentration or equivalent or comparable experience.
- Two years in organizing promotions/events within a casino environment.
- Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Must have strong problem-solving abilities, combined with a capacity to work independently and make appropriate decisions without supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and to react well under pressure.
- Must be able to interact well with internal and external customers and work as a team member.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervises the Promotions Team.
§ Ensures that events are produced on time, within budget and in-line with the strategic plan for the department and the property.
§ Reviews and recommends disciplinary action on department variances for frontline marketing employees and internal temps.
§ Provides corrective and positive feedback to Promotions Coordinators on job performance and job related behaviors.
§ Works with the Events & Promotions Manager to ensure appropriate staffing for all events and promotions.
§ Conduct Performance Reviews and makes or recommends wage increases and promotions.
2. Oversees the planning of all special events and promotions assigned to ensure the highest quality experience for our guests, including but not limited to:
- Assigns events and promotions to the Coordinators and establishes due dates.
- Reviews the concept/theme for each promotion/event to ensure that it is in-line with the brand identity.
- Works with Planning & Analysis Manager to create the proforma for each promotion/event based on the original budget and its contributions to the Revenue Build Process.
- Reviews event checklists to ensure all tasks are being completed on time.
- Develops the creative strategy and copy for each promotion/event and works with the Direct Mail and Advertising Team to develop event invitations and collateral in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with other departments, including but not limited to Total Rewards, Casino Marketing, Advertising, Direct Mail, Employee Relations, Slot Operations, Slot Performance, Table Games, Security, Facilities, etc.
- Develops and distributes internal communication regarding assigned promotions/events.
- Meets with Marketing Supervisor/Leads and employees to discuss upcoming events and review execution plans.
- Works with the Events & Promotions team to ensure flawless event/promotion execution.
- On-call during promotional/special events to handle any guest, employee and program issues.
- Coordinates and manages staff/volunteers when required.
- Tracks all promotion/event expenses and ensures that they are submitted within a timely manner.
- Prepares and reviews all required paperwork to satisfy 1099 and tribal Gaming requirements.
- Ensures effective utilization of process management skills and tools to assist with the development, pre and post analysis for promotions/events.
- Assists Special Events & Promotions Manager with the development of the promotional calendar and department budget.
- Sets and monitors timelines and due dates.
- Monitors the Direct Mail process to ensure the job is being processed as expected for the timely drop of promotion/event invites.
- Creates and adjusts department templates as needed.
- Performs planning and analysis, proformas, post-formas, service quality measurements, and assist in the execution of promotions and events as assigned in a Supervisory capacity.
- Keeps abreast of competitive casino marketing events and promotions, especially in the Southern California markets.
- Utilizes all computer systems in the Special Events/Promotions office to input and extract data for required information. Computer systems include but are not limited to: CMS, EMS, LMS, EP, Greg Davis, CastNet and Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records and lists.
- Continually evaluates all events and promotions to ensure employee understanding, guest satisfaction and profitability. Makes recommendations for changes or new programs that will stimulate business and provides the above findings to the Special Events & Promotions Manager.
- Establishes and maintains excellent and effective communication and working relationships with other departments, properties, corporate and outside vendors in order to secure and maintain their cooperation for assistance with promotions/events.
- Works as a team with the Promotions/Special Events Team and Marketing Departments.
- Greets participants, interacts with them on the casino floor and provides prompt, friendly and efficient service in accordance with the standard policies and procedures.
- Maintains high standard of courtesy, professionalism, and discretion in communications to, or about, preferred players, their arrangements and finances.
- Maintains a through working knowledge of property and department policies and procedures and adhere to the attendance policy.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office.
- Must be able to move quickly around property during events.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist and work at a desk.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Respond to visual and oral cues.
- Must be able to conduct conversations with customers, respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest concerns.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Able to read, writes speak and understand English.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate the computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer’s needs.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes