Receives, stores, issues, delivers and accounts for materials handled by the Warehouse Department.
- Prior receiving (especially food) experience highly preferred.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Must be able to work well with co-workers as a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- In all products being delivered to the hotel/casino and delivers products to the proper department within the hotel casino.
- Inspect packages and count for accuracy.
- Delivers for federal express, UPS and RPS mail packages to the appropriate departments.
- Moves furniture and office equipment, from one department to another department. Verify all items listed on invoices and requisitions with items on pallet.
- Weigh pallet and adjust invoice Deliver items to the proper department or store man for storage.
- Works a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Able to continually push and pull heavy materials weighing up to 200lbs.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout the casino and hotel areas to deliver items.
- Must be able to reach below and above shoulders while performing receiving duties.
- Must be able to lift up to and carry up to 70lbs continuously.
- Must possess the ability to operate a pallet jack, forklift, weigh scale and pull carts and dollies filled with items weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to perform functions accreted in a noisy, busy environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures; below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in freezer to over 115 degrees Fahrenheit outdoors.
- Must be able to tolerate foul odors.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to handle stress indoor pressure.
- Must be able to work up to performance standards.
- Must show customer sensitivity as well as make situation/problem analytical judgment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must have good communication skills and have a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well as a team player as well as independently.
- Must be able to lift continuously through the day.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes