This position open only to those candidates who live in Placer County and the surrounding Sacramento, California area.
This position will be onsite for a minimum of 8 weeks during training and on-boarding
About the role
We’re looking for an Email/Chat specialist to assist customers from all of our Gap brands. The ideal candidate has an upbeat, positive attitude with a desire to please customers. In this role, you are required to identify customers’ needs and resolve questions that may arise. Customer complaints may require research and investigation to reach resolution through the email and live chat channels. You’ll be expected to provide exceptional customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure customer concerns are resolved in both written and verbal format.
What you'll do
- Support customers by responding to inbound email and chat (phone support as needed).
- Consistently ensure world class customer service that fully supports Gap Inc. brand promises in written and verbal format.
- Achieve all effectiveness and efficiency metrics, including Email Handle Time (EHT), Chat Handle Time (CHT), Chat Wrap Up, Phone Handle Time (PHT), Quality and Voice of the Customer (VOC), Schedule Compliance, and Unavailable time.
- Develop/present customer service solutions and/or suggest additional items, cross sell, up sell to increase customer satisfaction and enhance customer relationships.
- Goal-driven; consistently and effectively manage time to achieve optimal efficiency while utilizing resources and business partners to research and resolve customer issues.
- Provide customers with first contact resolution and create a low-effort customer experience.
- This position will also help the customer service team take phone calls during periods of high call volume.
Who you are
- High school Diploma or GED
- 2 years of customer service (preferably in a contact center environment); 1 year experience with email and/or chat
- Strong computer, customer service, analytical, and troubleshooting skills (including Microsoft Office suite, Zoom, internet browsers and Salesforce)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver customer service in writing
Ability to listen attentively and to use information provided by customers to tailor responses and actions to meet the customers' specific needs
Keyboard typing skills of 40+ words per minute