TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW LINK TO MARKSTEIN BEVERAGE CO. OF SACRAMENTO CAREERS SITE:
Summary: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of warehouse night operations. Responsible for managing the loading of trucks, building order process, replenishing and all other nightly functions. Focus on operating a profitable night warehouse striving toward company goals and objectives. Work closely with night supervisors to enhance their skills by providing guidance and leadership.
- Consistently evaluate facility logistics, layout and operational business processes, implementing solutions, in coordination with Operations Leadership to maintain and improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate company culture and level of engagement; provide recommendations on effective solutions to organizational challenges and opportunities.
- Develop, monitor and review all supplier logistics and inventory planning activities, making recommendations to modify and/or change plans if necessary to achieve company objectives and manage operational efficiencies and expenses.
- Review and evaluate staffing levels in coordination with the Senior Warehouse and Facilities Manager and Director of Logistics to ensure appropriate amount of resources are available to ensure the achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Ensure MBC company compliance with all supplier operating agreements and all applicable federal, state and local laws and OSHA regulations.
- Assist with the completion of assigned team performance reviews, annual training/development plans and leadership development activities.
- Ensure active Operations Leadership team participation in all MBC employee relations programs and activities including Employee of the Month/Quarter and Year evaluation and selection processes.
- Assist with conducting Warehouse Operations Team meetings to effectively communicate department and company objectives to all team members.
- Complete required Operations reports and recaps as necessary.
- Ensure company safety initiatives are being implemented within their specific departments and all accidents and injuries are reported to the Safety Manager and HR Department in a timely fashion.
- Ensure appropriate business processes, policies, procedures and training expectations are being communicated and followed by our employees.
- In conjunction with the Senior Warehouse and Facilities Manager, ensure the consistent application of employee disciplinary policies.
- Support MBC leadership team and employees through work-withs and attendance at other department meetings, participation and attendance at special events and MBC team activities.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma; College Degree Preferred
- Professional, positive attitude and customer service oriented
- Proven Leadership Skills to include performance management, staffing and retention planning
- (5) years of Consumer Products operations management experience including inventory management and quality control
- Strong analytical skills and budgeting/expense control experience
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Very solid verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and strong initiative skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Working knowledge and skills with regard to computer applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internal and any supplier operating systems
- Valid driver’s license, Acceptable driving record and insurability
Markstein Beverage Co. of Sacramento is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment with Markstein Beverage Co. of Sacramento are governed on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons on the job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation and military or veteran status or other categories protected under local, state or federal law.