May 16, 2019
Prepares less complex food for patients, staff, visitors and catering functions. Assists the cooks by doing preparation and running needed food to the patient tray line. May relieve in other food service production areas such as hot production, cold production, bakery, tray line or cafeteria as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent education/experience required.
Previous food service production and sanitation experience required. Previous cooking experience is preferred.
Serv-Safe Certified required within 180 days.
**SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE**
· Must be able to read, write and speak English as well as understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions.
· Must have knowledge of weights, measures and conversions to calculate amounts and follow recipes.
· Must have sufficient mathematical ability to perform basic measurements and portioning activities including increasing and decreasing recipes.
· Knowledge of modified diets is useful.
· Must be able to use food service equipment such as the grill, oven, mixer, grinder, chopper, knives, etc.
**Organization:** Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Employee Referral Bonus:** No
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day/Evening
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Varied Days
**Weekend Requirements:** Every Other Weekend
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** on-call
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.