The Associate Accounting Analyst, Research Project Analyst performs a variety of professional, technical, and analytical accounting assignments within Covered California. Documents, reviews and analyzes financial reports and statements that relate to employer and CC or Small Business payments. Reviews and documents the proposals to change accounting procedures in the unit. Coordinates the implementation of new accounting programs, functions and processes with accounting staff. Maintains and expands knowledge and expertise of the functionalities and services provided by Fi$Cal and third-party administrators. Duties may include access to information systems containing protected enrollee information, including federal tax information, protected health information and personally identifying information.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures: governmental accounting and budgeting, the uniform accounting system, financial organization and procedures and related laws, rules, and regulations
- Ability to analyze data to make sound decisions, recommendations, and draw conclusions with accounting problems in maintaining control of a departmental budget
- Ability to analyze complex accounting data and situations accurately while adopting an effective course of action
- Possess proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Possess experience in Financial Accounting Systems and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Self-Motivated, dependable and positive attitude with flexibility in response to changing workload
- Possess ability to prepare clear, complete and concise reports
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented with the ability to establish and develop cooperative working relationships to meet project goal and objectives
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
To review the benefits, CLICK HERE.