Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Individual, Group and Family Therapy For Each Client.
• Assess clients’ needs and level of functioning including a bio psychosocial assessment of all clients referred to the case load.
• Provide crisis counseling to children/families as necessary.
• Write safety, behavioral, and treatment plans.
• Schedule and coordinate therapy sessions.
• Provide clinical interventions for teachers, parents, and other caregivers to generalize skills in other environments.
• Meet with clients for individual, group and/or family therapy sessions.
• Provide collateral parties with information to best meet the client’s needs as necessary.
• Assess, determine and make a referral when special services or care are needed for a child (i.e. medication evaluation, psychiatric hospitalization, in-home services or psychological testing, etc.).
• Participate in Clinical On Call rotation.
Paperwork and Documentation.
• Write progress notes for each therapy session and mental health service based on program protocol.
• Complete appropriate mental health documentation, including but not limited to, client plans performance outcomes, progress reports, health questionnaires, and termination reports as required.
• Continuously review charts for new and/or relevant information concerning clients.
• Quality Assurance tasks as assigned.
Training and Consultation
• Attend clinical, school, planning and discharge meetings etc. to consult with clinical and program staff.
• Attend weekly supervision meetings with clinical supervisor if unlicensed, to comply with California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) licensing requirements.
• Attend external training/conferences to meet licensing requirements and keep up to date with current information and developments.
Present information gathered at conferences at clinical meetings and staff in-services/training as appropriate.
• Attend Medical reviews as needed for clients.
• Maintain mandatory CRH training requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned.