The Executive Assistant to the CEO of Backgrounds Online (BGO) provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO as well as the Management Team and HR. The Executive Assistant serves as a point of contact for internal and external interactions on matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the BGO team and coordinates corporate planning/deliverables and oversees special projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Communicates with the general team on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Management Team.
- Conducts research and planning of prospective corporate initiatives and special projects.
- Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates internal and external oral and written communication.
- Administratively supports HR Managers (recruiting support, formatting documents, administrative tasks), drafts emails and other BGO correspondence as directed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Positive energy and attitude.
- Must be a TEAM player and play well with others.
- Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills; ability to understand assignments and complete them with little to no follow up.
- Ability to work on assignments of moderate difficultly, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Effective and prompt problem solving skills.
- High level attention to detail.
- Web savvy and computer literate.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office software suite.
- The ability to type 60+ WPM.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 5 years providing support for management in a similar capacity.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.