This position is responsible for repairs, rebuilds, and maintenance of shop milling equipment as well as performing various tasks required to layout and fabricate machine components as needed.
Days: Monday - Friday 5:45AM – 2:15PM
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to competently use a metal lathe, drill press, mill table, cutting saws, welding (MIG/TIG/ARC/gas), tap and die, etc.
- Ability to layout and fabricate machine components either from sample piece or drawings
- Ability to perform higher levels of math (convert English to metric measurements, divide for centers, etc.)
- Must have solid working knowledge and experience using calipers, micrometers, macrometers, etc.
- Documents all repairs performed
- Ensures all necessary parts are ordered and received for timely execution of projects/tasks
- Must be able to operate a computer and software. Ex) email, Word, Excel, etc.
- Work with other employees as a team to meet deadlines
- Must work on clean-out (Preventative Maintenance) day, shift hours may vary
- Must effectively manage time and lunch/breaks.
- Excellent English reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
Non-essential Job Functions
- To help out on basic plant/equipment maintenance functions
- The ability to adhere to the company’s policies, rules, and regulations, according to the employee’s handbook
- Ability to maneuver heavy materials and parts, with or without material handling equipment
- To be able to use supplied tools to repair/install equipment in a safe manner
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly fashion
- Profit sharing bonus up to 52%/mo.
- Full-time employment
- Tuition Reimbursements
- PTO/Holiday Pay
Cardinal Glass believes that their employees are their greatest assets, and we promote from within providing plenty of growth potential to those willing to put forth the effort and accept the responsibility.
We are a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.