Sep 03, 2019
City of Sacramento
Sacramento, CA, USA
- The Department of Utilities, Business Services Division, seeks a Program Specialist to oversee the operations of the Department's Logistics section.
Primary responsibilities include: bidding and contracting duties for procuring services and supplies for the department; management of warehouse operations and computerized inventory tracking; fleet services for the department, including budgeting and billing for department vehicles and equipment; and development, standardization, implementation, and updates of the department's procurement policies and procedures. This position participates in emergency response, serving as the Logistics Section Chief and providing logistical support to the department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and leadership skills, with experience in logistics and procurement management while working within a team environment. Required knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
For more detailed information about the position, eligibility requirements, and to apply online, visit our employment website prior to the filing deadline, 6/24/18. http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities/Career-Opportunities-Open; Job #001799-18-DOU.Job viewed 27 times
- Knowledge and experience in material storage and warehouse management principles and procedures,
- Knowledge and experience in budget preparation and management, and
- Knowledge and skills using computerized inventory control systems
- Experience establishing inventory controls, auditing practices, and security procedures