The Manager of Customer Service is responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Supervisors to provide exceptional customer service. The Manager role requires the delivery of results through creative problem solving, effective decision quality, cross site and cross department collaboration, a strong customer focus, organized planning, and the development of leaders who are engaged in the company’s success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide management of the daily operations of the Customer Contact Center function.
- Meet or exceed Contact Center goals for key performance indicators including, but not limited to, service level objectives, quality ratings, financial performance, attrition/retention, AHT.
- Work collaboratively across departments and locations to support the business.
- Demonstrate technical and functional knowledge of contact center procedures and applications.
- Develop, coach and motivate Customer Service Supervisors.
- Partner with Operations, and Human Resources on staffing, scheduling, and employee issues.
- Demonstrate positive change management leadership; supporting staff through initiatives and updates to our business processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Assist with incentives and employee events to maintain staff morale.
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and lead employees.
- Strong collaboration skills; including the ability to work closely with internal partners across multiple business functions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of call center operations.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office—PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access or other software/database skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of customer service experience.
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience.
- Previous eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
Physical & Schedule Requirements:
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business and travel needs, including nights, weekends and holidays.