Defines, manages and oversees the areas of company technology, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, that are applicable to IT systems and support. Develop, implement and manage business technology objective plans, goals and project activities. Coordinates the design, development, implementation, and operation of systems. Analyzes present technologies in order to evaluate the feasibility of such technology for current and future growth. Proactively makes recommendations for technology improvements as well as educates all levels of staff on system concepts as needed. Responsible for effective data and system recovery to include disaster recovery planning, implementation and periodic testing. Ensures that staff areas are adequately covered and managed at all times and that documentation and procedures are maintained. Follows up on information technology security issues, audit findings and system implementations to ensure that systems are operational and secured appropriately.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of information technology including help-desk, desktop support, computer systems, computer operations, voice and data communication systems, disaster recovery planning, testing and implementation, vendors, data centers, operating systems and hardware environments.
- Respond to the needs of the technology division seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, and be prepared to oversee critical initiatives or production issues daily.
- Maintain a current environment and introduce change with adequate testing and preparation to minimize impact to internal system users and members.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Develop and manage project plans, technology strategies and goals.
- Develop business and technical case studies that explore detailed concepts, enhancements, resource utilization and trends while recommending and overseeing appropriate action for maintenance and improvement.
- Ensure that effective capacity planning takes place across the technology delivery channels whether for the member or for the internal end user.
- Review, submit, recommend and implement various requests for new or additional equipment or systems.
- Responsible for developing, managing, monitoring performance, policy compliance and reporting staff findings to management.
- Develop, review, modify, and implement standards and procedures for all facets of technology systems.
- Active contributor to meetings and projects both internal to the technology team as well as those assigned to throughout the business.
- Evaluate technology system efficiencies and deficiencies and make recommendations and take actions where appropriate.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to manage the IT Systems and Operations departments.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Board, Supervisory Committee, CEO, Senior Management, and all levels of staff.
- EXTERNAL: Vendors and Suppliers.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems preferred. Master's Degree in related areas considered a plus.
- EXPERIENCE: At least 7 years of technology related experience is required. Five of these years must be in a management capacity in a medium to large Information Technology organization.
- Competencies: Business Knowledge, Communications, Member focus, Leadership Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Project Management, Strategic Outlook, Team Building.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial industry business practices.
- Experience with large, medium and small systems.
- Experience in complex distributed computing environments.
- Knowledge of networking terminology, methods, and architecture.
- Experience with telephone switching equipment, terminology, and methods.
- Knowledgeable about operating systems including those utilized in client, server and midrange environments.
- Thorough familiarity with project management tools and methodologies.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Moderate travel by car or public conveyance.
Possession of a valid California driver's license is required.