This Member Service Representative I is an energetic and goal-oriented individual who has a passion for service excellence. As a team member you are eager to build strong long-term relationships through the servicing of Golden 1 members in a professional, efficient, respectful manner providing a positive member experience. The MSR I responds accurately to member inquiries by telephone in English and Spanish languages (if certified). The ideal candidate will proactively engage members to achieve their financial goals in a consultative approach as part of the solution to their inquiry.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Efficiently process service transaction(s) with minimal errors and mitigate potential losses to Credit Union and Member.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve basic member concerns, as well as process and complete member transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and report fraudulent activity to prevent potential loss to Credit Union.
- Update member and Credit Union account information accurately.
- Achieve performance standards commensurate to grade level in call volume, phone efficiency in a fast-paced environment and quality.
- Appropriately identify solutions to address/resolve members inquiry helping members take advantage of Golden 1 service/products by providing features and benefits. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position. Monitor and comply with all established security, internal audit, and applicable government policies and regulations.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and services as well as policies, procedures and systems for Member Service Representative I functions.
- Ensure compliance with Credit Union and Member Service Contact Center policies, procedures, and guidelines while establishing and servicing all Credit Union accounts, related products, and services.
- Complete Regulatory Training Modules as required.
- Model Golden 1 core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to ensure an exceptional member experience.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of management and staff.
- EXTERNAL: Members, potential members, peers in other departments or branches.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum or GED. Some college preferred, not required.
- EXPERIENCE: One year customer service experience and/or six months financial services experience. Member relationship building experience preferred, not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills acquired through experience in a Retail setting or through a financial background.
- Ability to converse, demonstrate sincere concern, and build rapport while reolving problems and offering solutions to inquiries in English and/or Spanish with callers.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
- Meet performance standards commensurate to grade level in call volume, phone efficiency and Quality Assurance. Skill testing related to product knowledge (PKOR).
- Knowledge of intranet/internet.
- Bilingual skills a plus - English/Spanish.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including a financial calculator, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish