The Media Sales Representative is responsible for selling space on 24HF digital advertising boards to medium and small sized local businesses. This role will work almost exclusively out in the local communities to identify, generate, and close leads to achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual digital media sales budgets. Media Sales Representatives work to continuously fill open media spots for advertising boards within their assigned clubs. This position will also work in the field to identify and facilitate cross-marketing events between local businesses and club teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Outside Digital Advertising Sales
- Navigates from business to business to make contacts, identify prospects, prioritize sales efforts, and secure sales opportunities.
- Creates business to business sales presentations using market trends and case studies. Information for marketing materials for businesses is gathered while in the businesses and communities.
- Develops new client relationships, prepares and presents sales proposals in person to local businesses, and closes new or renewal advertising accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals within a designated territory.
- While in clients' businesses, builds relationships, represents the 24 Hour Fitness brand well, and delivers compelling presentations.
- Travels between club locations and local businesses to promote cross-marketing events in partnership with club team and business clients.
- Meets with prospective clients at their place of business to initiate sales and marketing contact.
- While in a community, moves between prospective businesses to execute the approach for the specific market, develops work plans, and creates compelling sales propositions utilizing internal and external data.
- As assigned, trains new Media Sales Representatives by coaching them about the sales process and training them through job shadowing in businesses with clients and while on business contacts.
- Gives coaching and guidance as assigned to new or developing Media Sales Representatives by listening and assisting them in contacting business leaders, developing presentations and presenting to clients in their business the advertising opportunities.
- Develops and uses knowledge of company's products, services, processes to facilitate closing of sales while meeting with clients.
- Analyzes campaign performance statistics and recommends performance enhancements in sales tactics to achieve improved ad revenue.
- Uses metrics to measure the growth and performance of accounts; provides reports and attends meetings as directed.
- Consistently meets or exceeds weekly, monthly and quarterly ad revenue production goals.
- Participates in sales meetings or conference calls and remains open to coaching and training.
- Performs timely and accurate data entry of sales activity in the reporting database to effectively track prospects, consumers, and businesses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Demonstrated ability to develop and work leads through strong phone prospecting, cold-calling, and closing skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent 24 Hour Fitness professionally in a business environment with local business decision makers.
* Ability to develop, maintain, and retain a network of community-based business advertising clients.
* Ability to work with general supervision, while maintaining productivity and meeting budget expectations.
* Ability to multi-task and provide timely reporting to Director on status of sales pipeline.
* Highly motivated, goal-oriented, analytical, detail-oriented, and a team player with a can-do attitude.
* Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to develop customized and dynamic sales presentations tailored to the specific clients business needs.
* Ability to implement external marketing strategies to influence the various business communities.
* Ability to train, coach, and develop others to perform the role at a high level.
* Proven sales leader with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals.