Area Group Exercise Managers (AGXM) are responsible for the growth and success of group fitness programs in multiple clubs. AGXMs oversee programs in districts of 8 -- 30 clubs, and manage all aspects including scheduling, quality, budgeting, and class selection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Group X Instructor Management
- Recruit, hire and train high-quality instructors.
- Conduct class evaluations/coach instructors.
- Communicate as needed with instructors, both one-on-one and group communications.
- Work with the club management team to ensure that Group X scheduling and programming is running effectively.
Group X Business Management
- Implement annual group fitness labor budget.
- Operate program within budget and deliver on strategic direction Group X department objectives.
- Resolve concerns from members, Group X instructors, Regional team and District teams on issues related to Group X.
- Work with business partners at both the club and district level to drive improved Group X program utilization and effectiveness of programming.
Group X Program Development
- Design and implement successful group fitness programs within each club.
- Staff program with high-quality group fitness instructors.
- Monitor Group X (GX) programs performance and make changes as necessary to ensure optimum service levels to members.
- Create and staff programming for a variety of special events and holidays.
- Teach up to 2 or 3 classes per week. Class formats taught will support company training and education partners.
- Attend group fitness and business trainings as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative, an independent thinker with advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze numerical data and analytics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and sequence tasks and processes.
- Working knowledge of Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Practical and technical knowledge of group fitness.
- Solid presentation skills, including the confidence to present to large groups (Preferred).
- Knowledge of multiple group X formats teaching and certification process (Preferred).
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years' experience in progressive fitness/group exercise management.
- Experience in Group Exercise teaching.
- Experience managing product implementation process.
- Experience in project management (Preferred).
- Experience working in fitness department of large multi-unit fitness company (Preferred).
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- Project Management Certified (Preferred).
- National Certification in Fitness/Personal Training (Preferred).
- Multiple Group X instruction certifications (Preferred).