Aug 01, 2019
Manages general operations of the Sacramento
Campus for the all non-instructional activities of the center and partners with
other departments for the successful functioning of the campus (including
facilities, IT, simulation, student services, admission, and faculty).The Campus Operations Manager and the Academic
Manager and faculty will work to achieve optimal student outcomes and services
through seamless coordination and collaboration. The position will have active
working relationships and a reporting relationship with administrative
1. Facilitatesthe implementation of the following student services functions of the campus:
a. Informationtechnology in collaboration with IT staff at the Oakland campus and propertymanagement office.
b. Studentacademic learning support, career services, and student affairs incollaboration with the Student Services Coordinator, Assistant Vice Presidentof Enrollment and Student Services and other staff in the Department of StudentAffairs.
c. Admission,in collaboration with the Admission Counselor and the Dean of Admission andother Admission staff.
2. Managesthe following human resources functions of the campus:
a. Hiring,management and evaluation of administrative staff personnel
b. Studentworkers, including on-boarding, utilization, and payroll.
c. Onboardingprocesses for all personnel, including faculty.
3. Establishes,oversees and evaluates operational and office procedures and policy formulationto improve efficiency and outcomes.
4. Servesas liaison to SMU facilitiesand property management office to assure proper campus space, function, andenvironment to include emergent maintenance issues, room scheduling, office assignments (includingfurnishing and equipment) for all employees.
5. Ensuresthat teaching facilities, e.g. classrooms, labs, and simulation, are fullyoperational, including supplies, equipment, and scheduling.
6. Maintainsclose communications with other campus facilities for purposes of facilitatingco-curricular services, projects and communications with all ESS and Financeand Administration personnel.
7. Representsthe campus in appropriate meetings and events.
8. Workswith SMU Institutional Research to ensure institutional survey data sets arecompleted.Assists Academic Manager withsecuring accreditation data and other survey data as required.
9. Developsand coordinates procedures that ensure effective and timely inter-officecommunication and information within the Sacramento Campus and university-wide.
10. Collaborates with lead nurse faculty tofacilitate campus activities, such as orientations and other special events.
11. Manages follow-up with studentapplicants to ensure timely responsiveness to questions regarding application, enrollmentand matriculation.
12. Other duties as assigned or required by thedivision, the university, etc.
**Skills and Abilities:**
+ Extensive computer experience and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, Access), including effective navigation of the Internet as a resource and research tool.
+ Able to analyze complex data sets and devise action plans for correcting and improving services.
+ Ability to handle privileged information and exercise good judgment
+ Ability to complete work in a timely manner with attention to detail.
+ Ability to organize and prioritize workload for self and assigned staff.
+ Superior communication skills required.
+ Able to compose clearly written documents
+ Ability to collaborate to achieve goals and project outcomes
**Education and Experience:**
+ Baccalaureate degree required; master’s preferred in areas related to scope of work.
+ Five or more years of experience in human resources, student affairs/services, operations management, administration, higher education or closely related field.
+ Substantive leadership and management experience preferably in a health care setting or institution of higher education.
+ **Experience in policy development and execution.**
+ **Record of collaboration in achieving team goals.**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The successful applicant will need to express or exchange ideas in a timely fashion by means of the spoken, written, and electronic word and receive, comprehend, and act on detailed information. Able to travel to other SMU locations.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
**Organization:** Samuel Merritt University
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Employee Referral Bonus:** No
**Position Status:** Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.