Our exceptional oral surgery center is accepting resumes for immediate hire.
Summary: As the first in-person point of contact that our prospective patients, patients of record, referring doctors and guests have when visiting our office; the Front Office Specialist is responsible for patient registration and providing administrative support in order to ensure that professional services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. This position will ensure the patient or guest has an exceptional experience in terms of customer service.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Check- in patients following our customer service standards.
- Interact with patients with a warm hospitable approach and demeanor at all times. Focus should be on the patient’s comfort by anticipating their anxieties, responding to questions and/or concerns and placing them at ease.
- Register patients without errors and keep appointments on time. Notify the doctor of patient’s arrival and communicate any scheduling delays. Inform appropriate assistants that the patient check-in process has been completed.
- Protect patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal information by following HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Call all ‘no show’ consults and surgeries for the day. Call referring doctor to let them know patient no showed to appointment. Document in EMR, contact notes for follow up, and cancellation log book.
- Assist Centralized Call Center with telephone overflow in order to meet our standard of answering phones within two rings.
- Ensure that we have fresh coffee and water in the reception area and that the lobby area and restroom(s) are kept neat and clean throughout the day. Create a warm inviting environment by opening the blinds/curtains and rotating a fresh display of magazines. If applicable, take care of fish tank (feed the fish).
- Convert and register patients who have not registered online using our Daily Patient Registration Chart Check and Conversion Procedures.
- Take patient photograph and attach to the chart per our Patient Photograph procedures.
- Put patient packets together for the next day as needed.
- Scan referral, receipts, insurance cards, driver’s license, signed Authorization to Release Information and Medication list into patient’s chart/EMR.
- Document the Authorization to Release Information in the EMR.
- Schedule follow up, post op and post-op assistant.
- Put chart up (x-rays if needed etc.) to notify assistants that the patient is ready to be taken back for appointment.
- Complete three-day chart checks to ensure we have referrals, reports and x-rays.
- Print contact notes and distribute to staff daily.
- Follow up on personal contact notes.
- Maintains biopsy log book.
- Collect and enter patient payments.
- Balance cash box every night and fill out the reconciliation spreadsheet with initials.
- Close out financials, complete deposit(s) utilizing deposit procedures.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Office errands as needed (ex. trips to the bank and/or picking up lunches for the doctors).
Required/Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or equivalent in relevant education, training and experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Minimum of 1 year of healthcare experience (experience in a dental office setting preferred)
Excellent benefits and compensation.