Our highly regarded surgical center is currently seeking a part-time AND full-time SURGICAL ASSISTANT/RDA to work out of several of our locations, including: Sacramento, Natomas and
Summary: Responsible for assisting doctors in the scheduling, educating, preparation, execution and follow up for patients receiving treatment in the practice. The surgical assistant helps to provide an excellent experience for the patient and helps to drive efficiency and productivity throughout the practice. The surgical assistant also helps to ensure a safe and sterile environment in which to perform treatment.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Make appointments for surgeries, POA's and follow-up appointments. Follow scheduling guidelines, using the Chart Check Day of Scheduling form and the Scheduling Guidelines Policy and Procedure.
- Provide excellent and consistent customer service, following the Customer Service Policy and Procedure.
- Implement a smooth, efficient process for all patients, utilizing the Assistant Consultation Metrics Form.
- Ensure that patient receive follow up care by properly completing the ‘contact note’.
- Build and maintain relationships with referring doctors; have relationships with at least 10 referring doctors, their team members and their preferences.
- Perform surgical assisting duties, utilizing doctor preference cards to set up, maintain knowledge about potential medical emergencies, where medical equipment is located and its use.
- Accurately input patient medical history data, medications and allergy information, using our established guidelines.
- Provide education and assistance to patients receiving consultation for a variety of procedures.
- Ensure EMR is accurate and complete.
- Effectively communicate post-op instructions to patients.
- Be proficient in completing the following: urine pregnancy tests, blood glucose monitoring, blood pressure and other vital signs, trios scan, intra and extra oral photographs, alginate impressions with wax bite, x-rays.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly accountability checklists.
- Complete self-initiated chart audits, using the Assistant Surgical Checklist Policy and Procedure.
- Follow all sterilization procedures, OSHA requirements and maintain compliance with HIPAA.
- Understanding and accomplishing production goals.
- Represent the office in a warm and inviting manner, which creates a positive marketing environment.
Required/Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or GED
- Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Assistant certification
- BLS course completion
- CPR certification
A criminal background screening will be conducted for final candidates.