Position Summary: This position is responsible for establishing the initial insurance information on new patient referrals, verifying eligibility, presenting treatment plans and effectively assisting patients with financial options. They are also responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues and generating weekly aging reports to ensure efficient and timely payment of accounts. This position will also serve as a coordinator for general administrative office duties and may be entrusted with petty cash, safes and security systems.
- Establish the initial insurance information on new patient referrals.
- Obtain insurance benefits and verify eligibility and document in the patient EMR
- Calculate patient co-payments and amount due for treatment and scan all related financial documents and disclosures into patient EMR.
- Compare charges to Treatment Plan to ensure charges are correct.
- Discuss treatment plans and financial options with patients.
- Prepare financial agreements and disclosures. The disclosures will include options reviewed, signed treatment plan and case acceptance documents.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Manager with projects and special tasks such as hospital cases and completing doctor credentialing.
- Ability to present and close Treatment Plans/ Financial Arrangements
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Must have knowledge of our Office Financial Policy
- Knowledge of dental insurance and terminology
- Excellent Follow –up/ Attention to Detail
- Ability to remain calm, professional and pleasant during busy and/or stressful interactions and/or while under pressure
- Self-starter and able to work independently while demonstrating good time management skills
Days: Monday - Friday (1/2 days Fridays)
Excellent Benefits and Paid Time Off