May 20, 2019
Franklin Templeton Investments
Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Provides input to routine & exceptional decisions regarding processes / systems issues, utilizing depth of knowledge/technical expertise to provide guidance and direction to teams. Escalates where manager input required.
- Ensure that all daily work is performed in accordance with department policy and procedural guidelines.
- Ensure that daily NAVs are completed accurately and timely by the team.
- Supervises day-to-day activities for the team, and ensure timely completion and accurate dissemination of information.
- Ensure that all periodic tasks are completed accurately, reviewed and provided to appropriate parties as necessary by required deadlines.
- Review of KPIs (key performance indicators) and or MORs (management operating reports) as per department requirements
- Acknowledge requests and liaise with Investment Accounting to ensure external and internal audit requests are completed timely and identified issues are resolved for applicable funds.
- Liaise with all key stakeholders that rely on Investment Accounting Services hand-offs
- Review and ensure all Investment Accounting Services policy and procedure documentations are updated as required.
- Attend meetings with business partners and projects as required
- Support the Manager in recruitment initiatives, including conducting interviews and carrying out inductions where appropriate
- Support the Manager in ensuring that the Performance Management process is completed by conducting staff appraisals and ensuring timely feedback is provided to staff.
- Provides ongoing feedback to support staff development and performance.
- Works with manager to identify high potential and top performing staff and makes plans to stretch/develop these individuals further.
- Liaise with HR where appropriate on staff related issues ensuring employee policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Support the Manager to ensuring team has Training & Competency criteria and T & C is captured in yearly IPPs.
- Works with team, under direction of leadership, to identify opportunities for and potential barriers to process and/or product improvement within area of accountability, and may make recommendations accordingly.
- Suggest improvements to departmental workflows, review internal policies and procedures and update as required. Leverage and adopt global best practice where feasible.
- Coordinate and facilitate Investment Accounting Services projects by creating and maintaining project status communications
- Provide leadership, expertise and technical support in the completion of departmental projects.
- Is aware of operational risks for own department, understands and implements the use of key controls, including the enforcement of departmental policies/procedures. Understands the impact of operational risk upstream and downstream.
- Contributes suggestions to improve control environment and manage risks.
- Represents department in cross department projects as subject matter expert, identifying issues and solutions. May lead department level projects.