Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. Oversee Thunder Café insuring the highest quality products and service are provided at all times.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino’s “Winning Attitude” Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino’s AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Responsible for carrying out all policies and procedures of TVC and/or Food and Beverage Department. Understand and follow all policies and procedures dictated by management and suggest and initiate necessary changes and improvements as approved. Serve alcohol responsibly in accordance with alcohol awareness training.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards and ensure cleanliness of all restaurant areas. Ensure Team Member safety. Display knowledge of all emergency procedures. Have knowledge were your SDS booklet is located for your area.
- Set schedules and job duties while maintaining Team Members’ hours for proper staffing and rotating of stations/side work. Responsible for setting computerized schedules and completing labor allocation charts. Responsible for posting and bidding out shifts as they come available.
- Interview and train new Team Members in their job duties utilizing the Job Coach Program and effectively auditing ensuring training standards are satisfied.
- Develop hourly Team Members through affective communication, regular reviews and training classes.
- Evaluate and oversee job performance of all Food & Beverage Team Members. Holding individual subordinates accountable for performance of job duties, tasks, policy and procedures, etc.
- Responsible for Financial and P&L accountability of his/her outlet. as well as beer and liquor inventories. To include but not limited to labor cost, Beverage COS, other expenses, profitability, revenue, covers, etc. Meet or exceed all budget criteria in managing the department’s monthly costs.
- Manage compliance with all brand related initiatives in the Food & Beverage Department.
- Must have some knowledge on both domestic and foreign wines.
- Ensures that all company controls & administrative procedures are correctly followed. All financial and personnel reporting duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily decision-making that upholds the restaurant standards including service, cleanliness and product quality.
- Must demonstrate competence in leadership, sales building, human resources, teambuilding, quality operations, problem solving, administration and financial responsibility.
- Maintains a calm demeanor in an intense environment. Calmly and effectively handles any emergency. Inspires confidence and respect by responding to all issues objectively and rationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Minimum 1 Year of upscale restaurant management experience with proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously with a staff of 30-40 or more restaurant, bar and cocktail Team Members.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and ability to handle a flexible schedule.
- Must possess time management skills, including: able to delegate, empower and evaluate hourly Team Members to achieve desired objectives and standards, with moderate supervision.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and maturity in all decision making ability, even when dealing with difficult situations, whereas guest, Team Members and the overall long term profitability are not adversely impacted.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to make quick judgment decisions.
- Must posses excellent analytical skills enhancing the ability to understand the activity of the department.
- Possess or obtain a California Food Manager Card.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button below to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.