SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Expeditor checks windows to ensure customer requirements are met and preps window for warehouse and shipment delivery by performing the final steps of wrapping the window.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Match and marry frame and vent to form a finished window assembly
- Perform visual quality inspections to ensure proper functionality of the finished window assembly
- Apply appropriate company and regulatory labels to the frame
- Hand clean and prepare window for shipment
- Load finished window assembly to delivery cart using proper loading procedures and care handling to assure product is protected from damage
- Move empty cart into staging area
- Wrap rope around cart handle and set brake
- Pull window out of rack and place on expeditor rack
- Remove stickers and labels as needed
- Install screen and put labels and stickers on glass
- Install balances as needed
- Place cardboard on corners and wrap with plastic wrap, placing finished product on cart
- When cart is full, wrap rope around the windows and move to warehouse staging area
- Constantly monitors personal and surrounding work area to ensure that areas are clean and free of hazards. Maintains all equipment and tools in peak operating condition, calls for maintenance as needed, and constantly inspects machinery for damage
- Creates and executes MPS plans, meets MPS commitments and works within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard’s business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions
- Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
- Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- One or more years of work experience and demonstrated job stability
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, and apply basic math skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling
- Required to repetitively lift up to 75 lbs
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Overtime is required, including some weekends
- Fast paced production environment in manufacturing facility
- Elevated noise levels requiring the use of safety protective devises
- Seasonable cold/hot depending on season
- Work surfaces are concrete. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.