General Nature of Position: Serve as accounting supervisor for all Accounting Personnel. Ensures the completeness, accuracy and timeliness all accounting Processes. This position is the key resource supporting the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Month End Close
- Drive Billing, Collections, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable Processes
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed timely: Billing, Collections, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable Processes
- Back up all functions in case of absence or necessity: Billing, Collections, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable Processes, phones
- Review and post all transactions.
- Maintain assigned sub ledgers and reconcile to the general ledger
- Process Area Franchise reports and Payments
- Process Quarterly Fuel Tax Credit
- Maintain all company Permits and Business Licenses
- Answer and Process Incoming Customer Calls and Customer Service Overflow
- Reconcile all GL accounts monthly
- Processes month-end GL Close and Financial Statement Preparation
- Create Spreadsheets and Maneuver Data using Pivot Tables and VLookup in Microsoft Excel
- Assist with the audit of daily material/weight ticket entries as needed
- Improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Supervise three accounting personnel
Summary of Other Job Duties:
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department/business needs
- Design and implement filing and reporting systems as related to position
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new tasks
- Commitment and support for organizational initiatives
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- GAAP Accounting Standards.
- Principles and practices of supervision and personnel management.
- Modern office procedures and practices, including record keeping and data security
methods and techniques.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and email communications.
- Familiarity with general accounting systems and procedures and computer programs
- Must be analytical, able to catch onto new concepts quickly and work well in a dead-line driven
environment. Clear written and oral communication is a must.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good verbal/written English skills and effective interpersonal skills.
2) Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
3) Physical Requirements:
- Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building
- Use a keyboard and computer terminal, telephone and other office equipment
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Occasional moving of furniture or equipment or office supplies
- Normal sitting and walking
- Driving for errands and special projects