SBM Site Services is searching for a Employee Relations Manager! The Employee Relations Manager manages all functions related to Employee Relations from conducting investigations, counseling employees, and administering the disciplinary process and terminations. They apply consistent practice of policies and procedures as they pertain to employee relations to limit exposure and risk of potential litigation.
- Manages human resources polices, directives and staff companywide assuring compliance with internal, local, state and federal requirements.
- Develops and implements companywide HR programs, policies and procedures for various human resources functions and operations.
- Conducts complex and confidential investigations related do employee issues and claims; makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline.
- Responds to government complaints, inquiries and grievances companywide.
- Compiles and submits government reports (EEO-1, BLS, etc.).
- Participates in union grievance management process including, but not limited to, attending and being and active participant in grievance meetings, arbitrations and contract negotiations.
- Provides coaching to all levels of management on employee relations, legal liability and development.
- Works collaboratively with all company departments and external legal resources.
- Liaison between external legal resources and company.
- Stays current with knowledge related to human resources management by attending professional conferences and educational programs, as well as by attending, contributing and reviewing staff, transition and divisional meetings
- Project management when assigned
- Travel is required 30-45% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College or technical school and 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as laws, operating and maintenance instructions, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Available Shift: Full Time