Responsible for periodic, quarterly, and annual Federal, State and Local tax compliance.
This includes responsibilities for all documentation and support and researching any relevant issues. Responsible for responding to related tax correspondence. Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision. Assist with new client/new business transitions.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Federal related taxes
- Research tax fall outs with the 3rd party tax system and register for Federal, Local, and State IDs
- Manage tax software and implement new features and updates, assist with the quarterly and annual provision process
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues
- Assist with IRS and State audits as they arise and ensure tax compliance
- Prepare quarterly and annual filings and submit to 3rd party tax service
- Recon tax reporting and prepare and assist with W2s as well as W2cs as needed
- Have good communication and writing skills to interact with various departments and with outside reporting jurisdictions
- Occasionally assist with tax upload into 3rd party tax system
- Responsible for tax invoices and assisting in getting the proper paperwork to Accounts Payable department for payment
- Assist with new client transitions; maintain transition checklists and ensure items are completed
- BS degree in Accounting or equivalent; or 5+ year related experience with domestic corporate tax filings and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPP or FPC a plus.