SBM Management is searching for a Safety Manager! The Safety Manager plans, directs, and implements organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs
- Maintains safety files and records
- Some travel may be required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Available Shift: Full time
Compensation: Depends on Experience